Celebration is something that initially sounds really exciting and easy. Like when you have a grand idea to host an amazing party for your spouse and you are super pumped but then you start doing the actual planning and details and your enthusiasm wanes. And then, you say you will do something small and special, and then it is just you two going out, and then you end up at home with the kids and the plans change to next year’s party. Possibly my husbands 31st birthday plans last month…
Maybe talking about the discipline of celebration inspired you and you had some amazing initial ideas how to do it but then reality hits and those ideas don’t get executed quiet the way you thought they would. You and me both sister.
Remembering to celebrate one day a week with #celebratehappywednesday is challenging enough. Daily celebration sounds like the same amount of effort it would take me to do a load of laundry and fold it AND put it away each day. It doesn’t happen.
If I remind myself that working celebration into the daily is more about shaping my heart into one of gratitude and joy, I think the effort of pursuing celebration on the daily will be more than worth it.
Phillipians 4:8 says “Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.” Filling up on the good things God provides us is going to sustain us through the rough bits. Celebration can happen daily if we first have eyes and a heart to see God’s good things and second, work it in simply and little by little.
We wanted to collect some ideas to help with working celebration into your daily life. Remember; simple and small. Little by little. The small good things are just as praiseworthy as the big good things!
- Listen to worship music while you hustle doing household chores
- Pause while you are unloading the kids from the car after late night practices and take five minutes to look up at the sky, or listen to the night sounds
- Write down one good thing your are thankful for today in your journal before bed
- Hot cocoa and a quiet moment
- Light a candle
- Putting on lipstick
- Skipping something mundane and getting outside
- Create something
- Bubble bath and books
- Blow up an entire pack of balloons for the kids
Another part of celebration is celebrating others. How can you encourage a friend? Celebrate a friends success? Thank your husband for something awesome?
- Special dinner
- Email someone something nice
- Bake a special treat for a neighbour
- Write and mail a special note to someone you love
- Share a friend’s blog post you have loved
- Cake from a box for quick and fun dessert
- Drop off a favourite treat at a friend’s house with a note
These ideas are a drop in the bucket. Please share any ways you have for celebrating on the daily in the comments or share with us what you are doing to celebrate on Instagram with #celebratehappywednesday.
Get yours now!
Here it is, a virtual coffee date with a fellow blogger and creative who has been there, done that and really reflected on what God has taught them along the way?This is an eBook of practical tips and insights gathered over five years of being in the blogging world.